Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Curitiba

After leaving Bonito, Avi, the girls and I went our separate ways....I spent the next two days (after a marathon 22 hours on the bus) in Curitiba on my way to Florianopolis. The only reason I stopped here was to go on a panoramic train that I had read about. Unfortunately it rained most of the time I was in Curitiba!! I managed to get on the train - it was a cloudy day but the views were still great. I felt totally lonely in this city, I was too scared to go out after dark alone and the hostel I stayed in was not really traveller friendly....there were no other foreigners and it didnt have a common area to meet other people. I was glad to get on the bus after 2 days and get to Floripa!!!




The panoramic train ended in a little town called Morreto. Children were running alongside the train and everybody was throwing food and drinks out the windows to the kids.


Views from the train





Going into a tunnel




Another view!






And another tunnel!





No comments: