Saturday, September 20, 2008

Before Take-Off

Life is certainly at another turning point for me! On Saturday 27th September I will leave the beautiful shores of NZ for another one of my solo adventures....this time its Mexico, USA and South America - the latter of which has always been a dream of mine.
I have just completed 8 weeks of a refresher spanish course and am frantically organising my worldly possessions (oh thats right I have none ha ha) before heading off to Auckland for my flight out....these past few weeks I have been a head-case.....forgot about getting Malaria pills so that is first on my list this week!!
First stop is LA where i will be with a 32-strong kiwi volunteer group to go and build homes for needy families in the slums of Tijuana, Mexico. The intrinsic feelings of knowing I can help make a huge difference in the life of someone who desperately needs it is awesome! I can make a difference to "one more starfish".....
So, this is my first entry and there will be many more to come over the next four months (as long as I can find internet cafes that actually work in South America! I will try to write an entry once a week so you can all follow my adventures......Adios for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi carla, sounds cool, cant believe you know about the starfish thing, is that the one where this guy sees another guy chucking starfish back into the water, cause theyre all over the beach. He asks him whyre u doin that it wont make a difference, cause heaps are gonna die anyway, whats the point in saving one. Well, the other guy says, it made a difference to that one (just as he chucks another one back in the water).........is that what u mean or have i gone way off task, see ya