Thursday, October 16, 2008

New York New York!!

New York has been incredible! My first impressions were not so favourable tho......when I stepped out onto 8th Avenue from the bus station I freaked out! So many people all walking at a million miles an hour in any direction, high rise buildings surrounding me and rubbish everywhere! A lot of places in NY City are really dirty and smelly - there is litter all over the streets and spilling out of the rubbish bins (or trash cans if i am an American!)
My friend Oscar has been an awesome host - its great to have a familiar face and place to go home to every nite after the hours and hours of walking and sight seeing every day. This place is so massive and there is so much to see and do here that even 6 days was not enough. The highlights of New York would be going to the top of the Empire State Building at night to see the incredible city at night, the Natural History Museum and just walking around the streets in awe of all the buildings and high rises. Central Park is beautiful but alas I did not see Jennifer Aniston or anyone else famous jogging around the park - stink ha ha. I tried in vain to get a photo of me with the NYPD as well - actually i didnt try too hard because i was a chicken to ask! After a couple of days of getting my bearings I was able to cruise around alone, even at night its safe here in Manhattan - there are police on almost every corner it seems. The food and restaurants here is second to none!! And the shopping!!!!!!! Lucky I am travelling on otherwise I would have maxed out my credit for sure!!!
I caught up with Matt Henderson ( a friend from school who lives here)...thanks Matty for the Jazz show. It was awesome!

Im flying out to Sao Paulo, Brazil tonight. Will be a bit sad to leave Oscar and New York but its on to the next adventure! I will try as best I can to get a few photos of NY up once I am in brazil........ciao for now!

No comments: