Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Florianopolis

On the bus ride from Curitiba to Florianopolis I met a Brazilian guy who decided to tell me his life story and let me know he was on his way to try to get his ex-wife to sign divorce papers......lovely........It was so good to get to Floripa. What an incredible place!! I just absolutely fell in love with it. So many beautiful beaches and such a chilled out vibe. Felt quite different from the other places I have visited in Brazil.




I was so lucky to have my friend Leo there and so I stayed with him, his Mum and his sister, Tatiana, in their apartment close to the centre of Floripa. Leo was the best tour guide!! So awesome to know a local person - I got to see so much of the island and he drove me around everywhere! They looked after me so well and feed me almost too well!! I have now tried a few foods that were quite foreign to me. Soft polenta (just corn flour, salt and water cooked in the pot and then eaten as it is like we would eat rice!), pizza dolce (sweet pizza ayeeeee loads of chocolate and strawberry pizza, and banana, mozzeralla and cinnamon pizza), and Leo's mum's yummy rice risotto with zucchini, curry, and cheese. The seafood in Floripa is great too, so of course I sampled some prawns and fish cooked the Brazilian way.






Oh yeah, and I got introduced to Brazilian Styles BBQ care of Leo the maestro chef!!! It was all good!!

It has been raining a lot in Florianopolis over the past few weeks but i was lucky enough to get some sunshine during the day and it would rain hard out at night. Some days were just too overcast and rainy but I still loved it anyway! My plan was to stay in Floripa for about 4 days but I was having too much fun so I extended it to a week!
Any Brazilian people reading this blog will be happy to know that I have bought a brazilian bikini...ahhhh yes thats right! Its a brazilian trainer bikini...not as revealing as the real mccoy but definitely different to the good old conservative kiwi styles! Doubt if that one will ever come out in NZ!


This is me and Leo's mum.....I just love them and will miss them heaps!!
Leo's family also have a beach house in Rio Vermelho (Red River) and so we spent a little bit of time there too. Such a cute little house and Leo's mum has decorated it so beautifully with bits of her art and pottery as well as things from around the world!







I could seriously live in Floripa! If I was to move to Brazil....this would definitely be it! Don't worry family Im not getting any ideas just yet!!





























Me and Tatiana








Mercado Publico in downtown Floripa










The best tour guide ever!! Obregada Leo!! xx









































































No comments: